The date has been set for the 23rd Annual Lambda Literary Awards – they will be presented on Thursday, May 26, 2011.
The awards are given in recognition of the finest lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans literature, and now have two bisexual categories – Fiction and Non-Fiction.
Nominations are still open and you can nominate new titles on the Lambda website here.
So far nominated for 2011’s awards:
* Alcestis, by Katharine Beutner, Soho Press
* Freak Parade, by Marilyn Jaye Lewis, lulu.com
* Imperial Bedrooms, by Bret Easton Ellis, Alfred A. Knopf
* Krakow Melt, by Daniel Allen Cox, Arsenal Pulp Press
* American Voyeur: Dispatches from the Far Reaches of Modern Life, by Benoit Denizet-Lewis, Simon & Schuster
* Border Sexualities, Border Families in Schools, by Maria Pallotta-Chiarolli, Rowman & Littlefield
* Dear John, I Love Jane: Women Write about Leaving Men for Women, edited by Candace Walsh and Laura Andre, Seal Press
* Draquilian Silk: A Collector”s and Bibliographical Guide to the Books of William Maltese, 1969-201o, by William Maltese, Borgo Press
* The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham, by Selina Hastings, Random House